MAINE YOGA FEST
June 28-30, 2019 @East End Community School
I’ll be offering yoga classes at MYF for adventurers and seekers who wish to weave their yoga practice into the call of the Sea.
SUP Yoga: Vitamin Sea
Early in the morning the water tends to be calm and the world is still quiet. Find your inner stillness in this peaceful hour through the gentle movement of the water.
Practitioners of all levels will rediscover the meaning of balance with a slowly building practice.
“Hark, now hear the sailors cry,
Smell the sea, and feel the sky,
Let your soul & spirit fly…”
Embody the Ocean
Discover a practice that is as dynamic as the ocean! Sometimes fast and sometimes calm, always peaceful and playful. This floating practice will give you a new awareness of your body and mind as with flow through challenging postures.
This class is best for practitioners with some prior experience!
“Though all rivers flow into it, the sea never overflows”
Yoga at Fort Gorges
Combining two of my favorite activities, paddling and yoga, Yoga at the Fort blends the strength and serenity of paddling with the quiet calm of Yoga in historic Fort Gorges.
The yoga class is suitable for all ages & abilities. The kayaking part of the trip is great for all skill levels — even first-time kayakers.
Kayak and paddling gear included.
Beginner SUP Yoga Retreat
Aug 30 - Sept 1, 2019 in partnership with Forever Wild Yoga
- Do you have a paddle board in your garage that you don’t use as much as you want to?
- Do you want to feel more confident paddling by yourself, planning a trip, dressing for the conditions?
Join us for a Beginner SUP Yoga Retreat. Get comfortable on your board, learn the skills you need to get out on the water, and explore a floating yoga practice! Having your own paddleboard is not required!
Learn to Stand-Up-Paddleboard (SUP), enjoy the outdoors, and deepen your yoga practice while surrounded by the beauty of the woods and water. Sit quietly by the water, laugh as you do yoga on your paddleboard, and enjoy the company of others on guided adventures through the Rangeley region. Held in iconic Rangeley, Maine in the heart of the lakes & mountains. Click here for a sample retreat schedule.
- will leave feeling refreshed, renewed and re-grounded
- don’t need to be ‘outdoorsy’ or own the ‘right’ gear
- only need to take a weekend off
- often come by themselves
- don’t need to have any prior yoga or SUP experience
Get all this adventure while enjoying the comfort of a real bed in a classic Maine cabin and home-cooked food from our personal retreat chef. Click here for a sample menu!
- 2-night, 3-day retreat combines adventures of the body with adventures of the soul
- Yoga twice a day, aromatherapy, meditation, and relaxation
- All levels welcome
- Registration closes August 15.
- Cost: $525 before July 1, $575 after.
- 2 nights’ accommodation at Red Quill Cabin
- 3 meals a day, snacks, and social hour by a personal chef
- Daily guided yoga practice & mediations
- Daily guided paddleboard adventures & an anchor
- Aromatherapy Wellness Sessions
What you can add on:
- Paddleboard, PFD, Paddle ($25)
- Thai Yoga Bodywork ($35)