If you enjoy a good yoga class and a relaxing massage, you will LOVE Thai Yoga Bodywork!
Why Thai Yoga Bodywork
I combine my knowledge of yoga, anatomy, and Reiki into an experience that releases deep rooted tension and stress to bring you greater levels of relaxation and joy. These sessions are good for general well-being or to help work on specific areas of tension or discomfort. You get the stretching of a yoga class, the rejuvenation of a massage, and the feeling of lightness that comes with energy work all rolled into one serene experience.
What to expect
During the session you remain fully-clothed while resting on a mat on the floor. I move your body into yoga shapes and provided gentle acupressure along the muscles/energy-lines of the body. I often incorporate aromatherapy to enhance the practice.
“Thai Yoga Bodywork, is an ancient form of hands-on manipulation with roots in the Buddhist temples of Thailand, Yogic practices of India, and Traditional Medicine from China.Through assisted yoga postures, and acupressure along the energy lines an even flow of life force energy through the mind and body is restored and rejuvenated. The Thai Yoga Bodywork taught through ShivaShakti comes from the northern style Thai massage from the lineage of the International Thai Massage School.” ~Shiva Shakti Yoga School
How to Prepare
Preparing for Thai Yoga Bodywork is much like prepping for a yoga class.
- Wear comfortable clothes that move with you easily.
- Showering is a great way to prepare since I may touch your feet and your armpits and your face all in one session:)
- Ideally don’t eat right before your session
- Go to the bathroom first
- Always stay hydrated, your muscles move better that way
Check out what folks have to say about Thai Yoga Bodywork with yours truly:
“I always leave feeling both rested and energized. Every session includes her intuition coupled with her high level of skill… each session feels totally appropriate for the work my body/mind universe hungers for in that moment.”
“After just one Thai Yoga Bodywork session I am intrigued and looking forward to more! I became so relaxed as Ashley worked on me..and felt I was in my ‘happy place’!”
- 2019: Hands-Free Thai Massage Training with Triple Gem Thai Massage
- 2019: 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Certification with ShivaShakti
- 2018: Levels 1 and 2 Thai Yoga Bodywork certification with ShivaShakti
- 2014: 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Certification with Frog Lotus Yoga
- 2012: First Degree Usui Reiki Certification