It’s almost spring and that means it’s time to think about balancing the increasing kapha energy.
Anyone who has driven on a dirt road in New England in March or April knows that this can be quite a muddy time of year! That muddy energy affects us both physically and energetically. If you want to incorporate some additional tools to keep yourself from getting stuck in the mud, I have compiled some Ayurvedic recommendations to keep you gliding along 🙂
For those of you out there that like Hot Yoga, this is the perfect time of year for it. How do you do hot yoga at home though? Here’s what I do: put on some extra warm layers, and when you get a little overly warm, just leave them on!
Do a Cleanse
Whether you clean out your house or clean up your diet, spring is a good time to get rid of stale energy.
- If it doesn’t bring you joy, move it along.
- When you throw things away, where is away? >>RePurpose, Reduce, ReUse, Recycle
It’s better to choose something you can actually stick with than to make an ambitious plan and give up in the middle. A cleanse doesn’t have to mean tons of shopping and new ways of cooking. Here are two super easy ways to cleanse, if you don’t want a lot of extra work:
- Pick 1 thing to remove from your diet for a week (for me its usually coffee and half and half).
- Instead of taking things away, add something in, i.e., salad for 1 meal a day every day for a week.
Spice it Up
Without changing the menu, you can increase the balancing qualities of your food just by changing what spices you favor. Consider adding spices to things you normally might not, your breakfast, your tea, on top of toast… recommendations for spice blends vary according to your personal constitution, but some of my favorites are:
- Black Pepper
* Make sure you click through all the links for great additional resources, rituals, and recipes ^^^